If we are to count ourselves as professionals surely it is incumbent on all of us to build on our professional body of knowledge, and improve our standards of care and practice through education and research.
Fundamentally, there are three big motives for research.
On the on hand there is intellectual ambition: the desire to know and understand the world, to appreciate the best that has been said and thought on the topics that grip our imaginations.Aside from the pure pursuit of knowledge for its own sake, research is linked to problem solving. What this means is the solving of other people’s problems. That is, what other people experience as problems.
Research also contributes to the knowledge base for teaching. The quality of teaching will be based on quality research. Keeping this in mind, School of Social Work, RoshniNilaya engages its faculty in research by providing infrastructure and other support services
The College has a separate Department of Research with a specially trained person on Research Methodology and Statistics to undertake sponsored research projects and to provide technical guidance to research scholars and to students. The department of research has taken up studies and successfully completed several research projects for the Government of India, State Governments, University, Industries, Banks, NGOs and Health Care Institutions.
- To Promote research in Social Work and Social Sciences
- To develop the research capabilities of School of Social Work by engaging faculty in research that integrates the education of a diverse population of students.
- To encourage in undertaking socially relevant and need based research
- To provide an environment for collaborative research among faculty and students.
- To develop research and educational collaborations with larger community, Governmental and Non Governmental Organisations, Public and Private Sector Business undertakings.