Family Service Agency -The Family Service Agency works at strengthening family life through its preventive, therapeutic services and promotional interventions. Apart from Community Out-reach Programmes, the Family Counseling Centre offer services to children and families.
The agency was started in 1966 in order to reach out to families in difficult situations as well as to provide field work placement for social work students. The various activities of the agency are:
- Formation of Self Help Groups
- Activities with Panchayats and local leaders
- Awareness Programmes
- Working with Tribals (Koraga)- Madhya Padav, Badhyadka in Kasargod district.
- Conducting Children’s Grama Sabha in different village panchayats
- Navachetana Samithi – Support Partner Group Building
- Skill Training
- Career Guidance and Job Placement
- Legal Aid Services
- Empowerment of Women and Youth
- Networking with other NGOs