Secretarial Practice is a highly job-oriented subject in the fast-changing employment market. Now-a-days, recruiters give paramount importance to effective communication skills, positive attitude and spirit of team-work besides competent professional skills and these components are an integral part of the syllabus.
At the end of a six-semester Degree Course, a student of Secretarial Practice is expected to acquire a fairly reasonable competence in the following areas:
- Handle routine postal & banking transactions.
- Use secretarial skills for performing job-related tasks.
- Use English confidently for both spoken and written communication as well as be able to handle correspondence independently.
- Make presentations using audio-visual aids.
- Knowledgeable in handling accounts.
- Able to plan, co-ordinate and conduct Meetings.
- Develop an understanding of Stock Market and its investment options.
- Able to operate the following Window-based Computer Applications – MS-Word, Tally-Accounting Package, Excel, HTML, PageMaker, DTP, PowerPoint & Multimedia.
- Gain maturity to understand and accept personal strengths and weaknesses and be willing to learn continuously and strive for self-improvement by developing positive attitudes.
- Able to work harmoniously as a contributing member of a team to achieve organizational goals.
KEY-AREAS OF INSTRUCTION:
- Spoken & business English
- Keyboarding & Computer Applications
- Customer service approaches
- Communication strategies & correspondence
- Fundamental business practices
- Financial planning
- Accounting Skills
- Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Internet skills
- Human resource practices
CAREER OPTIONS INCLUDE:
Receptionist, Front Office Executive, Customer Service Executive, Administrative Assistant, Executive Assistant, Secretary, Marketing Coordinator, Office Manager.
The course provides students who qualify an easy entry into the business world. The course teaches the essential skills required in the modern office, and prepares students for positions that offer opportunities for professional advancement.
OUR VISION: In Pursuit of Academic Excellence
OUR MISSION : Striving for Success
Name :Dr. Laxminarayana Bhat P.-
Qualification :M.A. (English), Ph.D. (English)
Designation :Professor – cum - Registrar ( Evaluation )