Roshini Nilaya School of Social Work has always had a global view of education. Its goal has been to train the students to function anywhere in the world. With this in mind, the FRENCH LANGUAGE was introduced at the undergraduate level in June 2007. As a lead-up to including French as part of the syllabus, out-reach courses were conducted in the evenings for students of the college as well as working people from outside the College who wished to add value to their curricular activities. Besides many students from other States of India as well as the Gulf countries seek admission here and French has always been universally offered in most states across India and the Gulf.
French is a widely sought after language across the World, and is of particular use in Canada, France and other French speaking countries like Belgium, Switzerland and many of the countries of Africa. Hence the college considered it imperative to introduce the language as it is an add-on to the student’s bio-data and enhances their employability in the working world. Keeping in line with the Hotel Management Colleges, who have French as a compulsory subject, as also the growing emphasis on Tourism in India , knowledge of a foreign language will be a value addition for the local learners as well
The Objectives are:
- To introduce a new language into the curriculum.
- To give them basic and working knowledge of the French language with a strong emphasis on the grammar, vocabulary and basic spoken French
- To provide them “a window to the world’ by opening up to them the French culture and traditions, social etiquette, the cuisine, the history, and the geography through the French language.
- To allow them simultaneously to compare and contrast their own language and culture with that of the French people around the world.
- To be able to cut across boundaries and to equip them for career at a universal level.
Name : Mrs. Rego Sunitha Wilfred
Qualification : MA in Psychology, passed DELF exam from ALLIANCE FRANCAISE
Designation : Lecturer