Vision – Towards a person oriented curricular programme, which is proactive, progressive and productive.
About the Department – The Department of English, started in 1960, has since inception worked towards certain core values.
- Teacher as a facilitator.
- To be a department that fosters and appreciates individual capabilities.
- To foster love for language and literature.
- To motivate students to imbibe humane virtues through their exposure to literature.
- To strive to improve upon each student’s capabilities and skills in the curricular aspect.
- To provide an ambience for self improvement through participatory means.
- To promote self learning in students.
- To be in tune with the Industry.
- To prepare our students towards meaningful, productive and self satisfying career options.
- To be sensitive and to sensitise the student community to societal needs and calls.
Language Lab- To enhance the language skill and to test the same, and to interface technology with teaching, the language lab is established.
Communicative English programme is a facility provided to students wanting in language skills.
Advanced Communication skills acquisition programme is also designed for high achievers.
1.Name : Mrs. Shobhana N.
Qualification : M.A.(English) , M.Phil (Tennessec Williams)
Designation : Head of Department
2.Name : Ms. Rachitha Poornima Cabral
Qualification : M.A. English, M.Phil
Designation : Lecturer
3.Name : Ms. Pearl Jean Lobo
Qualification : M.A. English
Designation : Guest Lecturer