AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
The Master of Social Work Education which covers theoretical courses, skill-training laboratories, Social Work Practicum, action research, extension services and other co-curricular and extra-curricular activities seeks to attain the following aims:
1. To provide quality educational experience to prepare personnel, who are socially concerned, committed and competent to meet the social welfare, social development and human rights promotion needs of our society.
2. To develop competency among the learners to apply all the major methods of Social Work practice namely Case Work, Group Work, Community Organization, Social Action, Social Work Research and Participatory Management in their respective fields of work.
3. To facilitate the process of enabling the learners to develop both personally and professionally so that they become change promoters in the organisation they are engaged to serve and the society at large.
4. To promote among the learners a sense of social responsibility and commitment to offer preferential services to the marginalised persons.
5. To undertake extension services and programmes that aim at addressing social issues especially those that concern the disadvantaged groups in the society.
6. To initiate and co-ordinate research studies, especially action research, that seek to contribute to the enhancement of knowledge required to meet the challenges facing our society.
7. To disseminate ideas, experiences and experiments through publications, workshops, seminars and conferences.
8. To contribute to the process of policy development and policy change on subjects of relevance for Social Work practice at the micro and macro levels.
|Dr. Rameela Shekhar||Dean M.S.W, Medical & Psychiatric Social Work|
|Ms. Juliet C.J||HoD Community Development|
|Ms. Meena Monteiro||Reader, HoD, Medical & Psychiatric social Work|
|Ms. Evelyn Benis||Lecturer, Community Development
Faculty Inchrge of B Voc
Co-ordinator, Evening Courses
|Dr. Josephine S||
Lecturer in Social Work,
Co-ordinator Sustainable dept
|Dr. P. Jenis Mary||Lecturer in Social Work,
Research Co ordinator
|Mr. Sebastin K.V||Lecturer, Personnel Management & Industrial Relations|
|Dr. Rita Noronha||Consultant, Community Development|