Crime is increasing manifold and has taken multi-dimension. All modern technological innovation have been misused by certain people for their criminal enterprise. Today world over security has become a casualty. Occurrences of crime like terrorism, Human Rights Violation, Cyber Atrocities, Financial Frauds, White Collar Crime etc., have become the order of the day .Simultaneously conventional crime is also increasing in an alarming rate.To counter such crimes and achieve upper hand on them, society must constantly strive to find newer methods. Enriched academic knowledge and initiation of researcher in the field would go a long way in combining crime. Hence the college has introduced Post-Graduate Course in Criminology and Forensic Science.
The advantage for the college is that it is being offered at the Undergraduate level for a little more than three decades. The undergraduate course give exposure to the students in the area of etiology of crime, Societal reaction to Crime, Scientific methods of Investigation, Law of Crime, Forensic Science in Detection of Crime and Forensic Psychology.
- The Course aims to prepare the students to acquire academic and research knowledge in the area of security methods, Forensic Science, Police Science, Investigation of Crimes of the Financial Institutions, Prison Administration etc.
- To help them to chalk out a career for themselves and also give services after their degree to the Police, Prison, Judiciary, Institutions like Bank, IT and other Industrial sectors.
- Techniques of Scientific Detection
- Medico-legal Studies
- Study of Questioned Document
- Research in Forensic Science
- Detection of Hi-Tech Crimes
- Security System & Vigilance
- Forensic Psychology
- Cyber Crime
- Police Administration
- Victimology & Correction
- Banking and Financial Sector
- Private Detective Agencies
- Opportunities in Media
- State and Central Police Establishment
- Social Welfare Department/Prison Department
- Security and Vigilance Department in Private and public Sector Industries
- Teaching and Research
- Forensic Science Laboratories
1. Name : Dr. B. Ashoka
Qualification : M. A in Criminology, L.L.B, M. Phil, Ph. D., Expert consultant on Finger prints and Questioned documents,Life member of IAFM, IAFS, ISC and ISV
Designation : Professor & Head of Department
2. Name : Ms. Saritha D’Souza
Qualification : M. A. Police Administration, Passed in JRF Exam.
Designation : Reader
3. Name : Ms. Swathi
Qualification : M. Sc. Criminology and Forensic Science
Designation : Lecturer .
4. Name : Prof. Madhav
Qualification : M. S. W
Designation : Guest Faculty in Research Methodology