Sociology-Economics Forum is a joint venture initiated by the Department of Sociology and Economics. Sociology and Economic issues are important aspects of social life.There are a close relationship between these two concerns. Therefore a common forum was mooted by these two departments.
- To create an interest towards issues related to Sociology and Economics.
- To provide a platform to hone their skills at organizing activities.
- To imbibe the spirit of enquiry and to broaden their horizon of knowledge and outlook.
- To unleash their creative potential.
- To sensitize the students towards Social, Economic needs and problems.
- To provide an opportunity to get an exposure to recent developments in the fields of study.
MEMBERSHIP OF THE FORUM
The membership of the forum is exclusively for the students of Sociology and Economics. However certain activities of the forum are open for the students of the other disciplines as well.
The forum activities are designed to enrich the students with knowledge and skill. Under the canopy of the forum the following programmes are envisaged
- Lectures by resource persons
- Cultural programmes
- Awareness programmes
- Practical exposures
- Seminars /Workshops