RURAL DEVELOPMENT FORUM
The department started the Rural Development Forum in order to promote student involvement in activities connected with rural development. The main objectives of the forum are-
- To sensitize students towards the problems of the rural area.
- To impart knowledge on the nature and characteristics of rural society and the various dimensions of Rural Development.
- To bring awareness among students about the resources available and transmit this knowledge among people.
Keeping in mind these objectives students are given opportunity to gain first hand information through:
- Exposure visits to rural areas
- Optional field work practicum to work with rural children in which a majority of the students participate with great enthusiasm and dedication whenever time permitted
- Promoting communal harmony and widening the horizon of our own understanding about other religions by providing opportunity to visit the major religious worship places like Ullal Durga shareef, Kadri Temple and Infant Jesus Shrine at Bikarnakatte.
- Efforts to promote and sustain environment
- Developing and maintaining an herbal garden in order to inculcate in the students the interest to identify the medicinal value of many plants which are found in the college campus and home surroundings.
- Initiative to start vermi-compost mechanism by installing three vermi-compost bins in the college compound with a view to propagate organic farming and production of healthy food.