- The under graduate(UG) and post graduate(PG) sections have department/fora activities; inter-class and inter-departmental competitions and presentations are linked with both the curricular as well as the cultural aspects.
- Expressions-An Inner Quest is a yearly inter-collegiate event organised at the under graduate level. This gives an opportunity for the students to organise, manage and conduct competitions independently with the staff providing the guidance and the institution providing the necessary funds.
- Spandana is a yearly event at the post graduate level. The three day National Student Social Workers’ Meet includes talks and paper presentations from experts and students from social work background. This event has drawn participants from all over Indiaand overseas.
- The Department of Kannada in collaboration with the NSS Unit organizes an annual Inter-University Folk Competition.
EXTRA CURRICULAR AND CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Several departments bring out wall magazines where there is opportunity for students to display their writing abilities. Pencil sketches, drawings, paintings, collage and articles on current issues are displayed on the wall magazines.
- The Annual Magazine by the PG and UG gives scope for creative and subject oriented writing, by the students. It records all the achievement of the students, faculty members, the activities conducted and the various articles written by students.
- Several departments have released house journals which have provided platform to students to write subject oriented papers. Opportunity is given to learn about editing, printing by delegating the responsibilities to the students.
- Expressions-An Inner Quest, the intercollegiate annual competition, has as a major component, the literary aspect. This is to encourage the students to take initiative, responsibility to develop their organisational and leadership skills.
- Spandana- a national seminar at the PG level is an annual event, which has reached international level. This is organised and conducted as an initiative of the students. This event is oriented towards paper presentation and lectures by experts, alumni, students and representatives from the industry and various fields.
- The pro-active association between the institution and the professional body- Indian Society of Professional Social Workers led to the joint organisation of a National Conference, “Challenges for Social Work Education and Practice in the Changing Social Scenario” held on January 2008. This benefited the students as it brought a major input in terms of professional knowledge and skills.
- The joint programmes between the Mangalore Management Association and the H R Forum helps in constant knowledge interface between the curriculum and industry/government.
- The enthusiasm and participation at Spandana has motivated the International Conference on ‘Women and Mental Health’ to be held in the month of October 2010.
- The College Cabinet and other fora constantly organise competitions such as essay writing, poetry writing, limerick and debates at the inter-class level.
- Students are encouraged to participate in inter-collegiate competitions and funds allocated for expenses incurred for transport and registration fee.
Annexure 5.3.2 – List of participation and awards won